Friday

A YEAR IN REVIEW...



Another year of planning out-of-the-box weddings and events is almost behind us and a brand spankin' new year that's filled with super-awesome clientele and endless possibilities is just around the corner! This Planner at Et Lofte Events has been so very lucky to have spent 2011 not only planning unique weddings and events for some truly open-minded and creative clients but also connecting with fellow wedding and event professionals who are always up to the challenge of surpassing my "unique" expectations! That said, as we approach 2012 at lightening speed I thought I'd take a moment to sit back and reflect on just a few of Et Lofte Events' most memorable moments and concepts of 2011:

  • the wedding guestbook made up entirely of speeding tickets and the shooting-target seating chart in honour of the Groom's profession

  • that moment of serenity I felt when I noticed a deer quietly watching me set up an outdoor wedding
  • Menu Cubes: small boxes with each course printed on each side of the box and a truffle waiting inside as an extra surprise

  • granting our clients' wish of turning a bland, community banquet hall with an old-school outlook into a "unique venue"
  • the surprise Acapella Group performance at a client's wedding (the Groom's gift to his Bride)

  • the "smash cake" wedding cake
  • the birth of my second son :)

  • the skunk that sprayed my assistant's clipboard (Sorry Brenda!)
  • adopting "Starsky and Hutch" -- our Black Morrow goldfish from our sassy style shoot at the Berkeley Event Centre

  • the Bride's memorable walk down the aisle to Steve Earl's "Sparkle and Shine" (which is now on my ipod playlist)
  • the wildest, craziest, most fun bunch of Groomsmen I have ever encountered in my planning career (this is a shout out to you 'House')
Photo by Life Images

  • To replace the boring kissing game at a client's wedding we chose to have the guests pay for a kiss (one dollar gets a peck on the cheek, five dollars gets "the dip", etc) with the proceeds going to charity in honour of the Groom's late father. At the reception, the Groom's mother took up a collection of Four Hundred Dollars from guests and said to the Newlyweds "This had better be a good kiss!"...And what a kiss it was!

Photo by Ikonica

  • Personalized cootie-catchers as a throw back to my clients' childhood
  • Having a client teach me the LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem dance (which I nailed, thank you very much!)
  • Forget the candy bar -- the espresso bean and grounds bar was a total hit with attendees!
  • "Abbey Road" in Liberty Village
Photo by LG Weddings

  • Our "street-haute" design for a Creative Direction client's event (think graffiti projected walls and centerpieces utilizing bicycle wheels and blown-out umbrellas!) Can't wait to see pics!
  • The illusion that Bobby Motta pulled on me at a client's wedding in which he somehow managed to get my wedding band on a key chain ring, in a zipped wallet, in his back pocket...(still haven't figured out how you did that Dude.)
  • Each and every moment my clients' eyes lit up at an idea I had thought up for their event.

My goal for 2012? It's simple really. My goal is to continue to work with clients who aren't afraid to step out-of-the-box, defy trends, take risks and trust in my unique vision and planning skills. It is to continue to exceed my clients' expectations, to help my clients enjoy the planning process of their special event and to push my creativity past even the farthest of limits.



To my uber-fantastic clients of 2011 and beyond I sincerely wish to thank you for granting me such amazing opportunities to utilize my creativity and create one-of-a-kind weddings and events for you. It was an honour to share in your life celebration. I am so incredibly thankful each and every day of planning your occasions that I have been lucky enough to find my niche in the planning industry, no matter how unconventional the path may be and to have clients, like you, who encourage me to push the envelope with your open-mindedness. I wish each and every one of you all the best for a happy, love-filled and adventurous 2012.

To my assistants and Associate Planners with Et Lofte Events, I want to thank you for all your hard work and dedication in 2011. Thank you for all the giggles, the sweat, the encouragement and most of all, your friendship. I am truly thankful to have you as part of my team, I wish you happiness and fulfillment for 2012 and look forward to a new year of engaging events together.


To all of you, have safe and happy celebrations and
all the best to you for a brand spankin' New Year!

CHEERS!




2 comments:

Crissy said...

Happy New Year, ET Lofte Events! I hope that 2012 provides an opportunity for us to work together!

www.paraviondesign.com
www.facebook.com/paraviondesign

Vani said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again.

event graffiti