Tuesday

PANTSUITS FOR BRIDESMAIDS: WHY WE LOVE THEM

Alright I'll say it: I'm not a dress kind of gal. Aside from the fact that I'm more of a tomboy who cringes at the mere thought of not having my legs covered, it's possible that the reason could be that it's difficult for me to find a dress that flatters my figure. Or maybe it's because I hate worrying about runs in my pantyhose (or bunching at the ankles for that matter). Or perhaps it's because I hate worrying about tucking my dress into the said pantyhose. Or that I have the whitest stick legs that would make even Casper the Ghost gasp...whatever.

Brides that opt for an elegant pantsuit for their nuptials rather than the traditional gown is something that isn't exactly new. Many Brides have embraced the concept and I love that's it's now considered somewhat 'normal' in wedding fashion. Even Mothers of the Bride and Groom have chosen to go the pantsuit route. But what you rarely see are Bridesmaids wearing pantsuits

Why is this a rarity? I'm not sure. I can think of at least a dozen women that would be thrilled to walk the ceremony walkway in the comfort and elegance of a beautiful pantsuit, whether it's long and flowing or sleek and chic. Not to mention it would be something that they could wear again...and again...and again...without having to wait for another wedding to come along.

From uber adorable jumpers to sophisticated slacks to beautifully draped 'onsies', pantsuits are a fashionably chic alternative to the typical Bridesmaid dress (not to mention a comfortable one!).

But what do YOU think?











No comments: